How does your organization support families?
The New Westminster Public Library provides a wide variety of resources for children, parents, and caregivers, including:
- Free access to books, music, movies, audiobooks, magazines, and video games
- Books and other resources on parenting topics
- A welcoming environment with toys, games, and activities
- Free programs for children and adults
- Study guides and homework resources for kids
- English Language Learning materials and programs
- Books for children in Arabic, Chinese, French, Farsi, Korean, Punjabi, Romanian, Spanish, and Tagalog
- Free Wi-Fi and computer access
- Scanning and printing services
- Referrals to other programs and resources in the community
- Our full program calendar can be found at [nwpl.ca/events]nwpl.ca/events
What locations do your programs for families operate out of?
Main Library: 716 6th Street, New Westminster, V3M 2B3
Queensborough Branch: 920 Ewen Avenue, New Westminster V3M 5C8
Is there a key person in New West who our families can connect with?
People can connect with Alicia Dobbs (firstname.lastname@example.org ) if they would like a personal contact, however the best way to get in touch with us is below (the general email reaches all Children’s staff so a speedy response is more likely!)
What is the best way for our families to contact your organization?
Come visit us in person!
Main Library Children’s Department: 604-527-4677 Queensborough Branch: 604-636-4450
Can you name a couple of ways that your organization works with Family Place?
The library occasionally attends Family Place events to support these events and to reach families who might not be regular library users. We have also hosted programs run by Family Place, like the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program, in our space.