Are you looking for challenging and fun professional work with children for your volunteer hours?
Are you looking for a way to have fun, get out to community events and support families and children in New West?
Join New West Family Place as a volunteer at our daily drop-in programs and/or our community events like Fridays on Front, New West Pride and Car Free Day. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse community of families, a supportive staff team, and guide early childhood and community development!
New Westminster Family Place offers inclusive and accessible programming for families with children aged 0-6. We are looking for volunteers to assist our team in this autumn at weekday morning programming and during select community events on weekends and evenings.
- Become familiar with the activities of Family Place and share these with local families
- Be a friendly and encouraging support of the children and their caregivers/parents
- Initiate contact with the children and engage in playing with them
- Learn the names of the children and make them feel seen and welcomed
- Direct parents/caregivers to a staff member for information or support when needed
- Help ensure the safety of the children in the drop-in playroom and/or event space
- Model appropriate behaviour towards the children
- Help with the set-up and clean-up and general housekeeping of the playroom/event space
Necessary qualities for the position:
- You enjoy spending time with pre-school aged children
- You thrive in group activities and are energetic
- You value inclusivity and diversity and show kindness toward others
- You are able to recognize gifts and strengths in others
- You are a team player
- You are able to take direction from supervisors
- You are self-motivated and can anticipate the needs of others
- You are reliable and punctual
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- You can submit to a police record check
Volunteer time commitment:
- Minimum of 3 hours per week
- Commitment for 3 months minimum
- Our Family Support Workers and Early Childhood Educators will supervise and oversee playroom/event activities and offer guidance.
- Our Co-ordinator of Volunteers will oversee scheduling and general issues
Send your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in volunteering for us to email@example.com