Parenting is a rewarding but also challenging journey, and no one is born knowing how to be a parent. The NOBODY’S PERFECT Parenting Program is a national program we offer to help you improve your capabilities to parent, and to maintain and promote the health of your children. This is a group that is facilitated by our trained staff for parents of children from birth to age five. We offer encouragement and support to families through discussions and group learning.
Our next session will be between November and December at New Westminster Family Place. Register today!
This is an opportunity to connect with other parents and caregivers and share the ups and downs of parenting. You can take time each week to connect with other adults over coffee and snacks in a relaxed atmosphere. We can offer childminding services upon request with more than 24 hours notice.
This program is provided to support you in:
– Better understanding your child
– Becoming better informed about your child’s health, safety and behaviour
– Improving coping skills to deal with the everyday stress of parenting
– Developing positive parenting skills
– Meeting other parents of young children to discuss real-life parenting situations
– Finding community services and resources
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED Please note that registering does not guarantee you place in the program. All applicants are contacted and are required to go through a short interview process to see if they are eligible, and will be contacted if they have been selected.
For more information on this program see the following links:
NOBODY’S PERFECT is owned by the Public Health Agency of Canada