The New Westminster Family Place board is accountable our members, participants, and community for the governance of our organization. The board is also responsible for the eight roles and responsibilities of governance including:
- Mission & vision
- Support the executive director
- Fiscal oversight
- Strategic planning
- Public image
- Manage risk
- Develop resources
- Monitor programs
General Director Responsibilities :
- Advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and support to the mission of Family Place.
- Participate in Board Committees.
- Participate in Family Place fundraising activities including developing and maintaining relationships with donors and pursuing new fundraising opportunities.
- Participate in community events on behalf of Family Place.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the work we do at Family Place
- Remain up to date with relevant legislation and policies.
- Monitor organizational finances, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget, and financial resources and needs.
- Ensure succession planning for the Board of Directors.
Time & Term Commitment: Board Members can expect to volunteer approximately 3 hours a month for a two-year term. This time commitment includes monthly board meetings and committee work.
- Professional expertise in accounting and finance.
- A high level of administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable of board governance and previous board experience is considered an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact New Westminster Family Place with your interest by submitting a copy of your resume and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org